By accepting a grant award, grantees agree to comply with NIAMS requirements as well as those outlined in the NIH Grants Policy Statement, unless the notice of award states otherwise.
- NIH Grants Policy Statement
- NIH Public Access Policy
- Policy Eliminates Most Appendix Material for Applications
- NIH Data Sharing Policy
- NIH Data Sharing Policy and Implementation Guidance
- NIH Genomic Data Sharing
- Rigor and Reproducibility
Human Subject Related Guidance
Review the guidance for studies involving human subjects, including policies for the inclusion of children, women, and people from minority populations.
- OER Human Subjects Web Site
- Office for Human Research Protections (OHRP)
- Human Subject Research Enhancement Awards (HSREA)
- Inclusion of Children Policy
- Inclusion of Women and Minorities as Participants in Research Involving Human Subjects Policy
Human Embryonic Stem Cell (hESC) Related Guidance
Review the information on stem cells, including lines eligible for use and their associated restrictions and guidelines for applications proposing use of hESC.
- NIH Stem Cell Information
- NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry — Summary of Requests
- NIH Human Embryonic Stem Cell Registry — Lines Eligible for Use
- Guidance Regarding Applications Proposing to Use hESC
- Restrictions on Use of Specific hESC Lines
Animal Subject Related Guidance
Learn about the animal welfare guidance that must be followed for studies involving animals.