The primary goal of the Flow Cytometry Section is to provide the services of state-of-the-art multi-parameter cellular analysis and cell sorting for researchers and investigators of the NIAMS IRP. The Section maintains and updates the equipment as needed, provides training for investigators, schedules sorting, and collaborates for creative solutions to scientific experiments. Particular interests include multi-parameter analysis, fluorescence resonance energy transfer, single cell sorting, and cytometric analysis of intracellular signaling events.
The facility currently houses instrumentation for cell analysis and sorting.
- (Two) BD Biosciences FACSVerse (2-lasers, 8-color with Universal Loader)
- Beckman Coulter CyAn ADP (3-laser, 9-color analyzer)
- BD Biosciences FACSCanto (3-laser, 8-color analyzer with HTS)
- BD Biosciences LSR Fortessa (7-laser, 18-color, with HTS)
- Beckman Coulter MoFlo Legacy (3-laser, 10-color, with CyClone)
- BD Biosciences FACSAria IIIu (5-laser, 18-color, with ACDU)
- BD Biosciences Influx (7-laser, 18-color, with ACDU and spectral analyzer)
Juan AH, Derfoul A, Feng X, Ryall JG, Dell'orso S, Pasut A, Zare H, Simone JM, Rudnicki MA, Sartorelli V. Polycomb EZH2 controls self-renewal and safeguards the transcriptional identity of skeletal muscle stem cells. Genes Dev. 2011 Apr 15;25(8):789-94.
Kimura A, Martin C, Robinson GW, Simone JM, Chen W, Wickre MC, O'Shea JJ, Hennighausen L. The gene encoding the hematopoietic stem cell regulator CCN3/NOV is under direct cytokine control through the transcription factors STAT5A/B. J Biol Chem. 2010 Oct 22;285(43):32704-9.
Kimura A, Rieger MA, Simone JM, Chen W, Wickre MC, Zhu BM, Hoppe PS, O'Shea JJ, Schroeder T, Hennighausen L. The transcription factors STAT5A/B regulate GM-CSF-mediated granulopoiesis. Blood. 2009 Nov 19;114(21):4721-8.